Welcome to the website of the Surrey Branches of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale.
The Campaign for Real Ale is a voluntary organisation with over 178,000 members (April 2016) run by an elected, unpaid national executive and backed by a small core of professional staff. It speaks for people everywhere by fighting to save pubs and breweries from closure, attempting to improve quality and choice, and trying to ensure pub standards are raised.
There are 4 CAMRA Branches covering the whole of Surrey.
Local information about each of these Branches and details of events can be found by following the links above. If you’d like to receive our low-volume emails, then please join one of our mailing lists.
Surrey CAMRA Branches Pub of the Year 2016
The winner of the Surrey CAMRA Branches Pub of the Year for 2016 is: Surrey Oaks, Newdigate The finalists were:
- East & Mid Surrey: Surrey Oaks, Newdigate
- Kingston & Leatherhead: Regent, Walton on Thames
- North Surrey: <Barley Mow, Shepperton
- Surrey Hants Borders: Prince of Wales, Farnborough
The winner in 2015 was the Surrey Oaks, Newdigate.
Surrey CAMRA Club of the Year 2016
The winner of the Surrey CAMRA Branches Club of the Year for 2016 is: Egham United Services Club. The finalists were:
- East & Mid Surrey: Brockham Village Club
- Kingston & Leatherhead: Old Cranleighan Club, Thames Ditton
- North Surrey: Egham United Services Club
- Surrey Hants Borders: Woking Railway & Athletic Club
Surrey & Sussex Cider Pub of the Year
The winner of the 2016 Surrey & Sussex Regional Cider Pub of the Year competition was the Star, Godalming.
Surrey and Sussex Regional Director – Chris Stringer
Deputy Regional Director Surrey – Kevin Travers
Surrey Cider Representative – Ken Lowe
Last reviewed and updated July 2016