This scheme exists to support local breweries, and reduce beer miles thereby helping protect the environment and reduce global warming. Pubs and clubs in the Branch area which meet good beer quality standards, which always have available, or at least waiting in the cellar, cask ales brewed within 30 miles of the outlet by road are eligible. This includes all our Surrey breweries (including of course our own Thames Side) plus these from London and neighbouring counties e.g. Bingham’s, Fuller’s, Loddon, Rebellion, Reunion, Twickenham Fine Ales , Windsor & Eton amongst others. Our LocAle accredited pubs are:
- Ashford: District Arms – London Pride, King’s Fairway – London Pride plus guests.
- Chertsey: – Coach & Horses – Fuller’s pub, Thyme at the Tavern – usually two local ales inc. Thames Side.
- Egham: United Services Club – Surrey Hills Ranmore Ale and frequent LocAle guest ales.
- Englefield Green: Armstrong Gun – Surrey Hills Ranmore, Beehive – Excellent Fuller’s tied house, Bailiwick – Ascot Ales and Windsor & Eton Happy Man – Range of local Micros.
- Shepperton: Barley Mow – Hog’s Back TEA plus frequent guests.
- Staines: Beehive: – Thames Side, London Stone – Thames Side.
- Sunbury: Magpie – London and Surrey Micros
- Sunbury Cross: – Grey Horse – London Pride, Hare & Hounds – Fuller’s pub.