- Wednesday 27th June Worplesdon to Pirbright Walk Depart Worplesdon Station at 18.50 after the arrival of the trains from Guildford (18.40) and Woking (18.49) Walk 2 miles to Fox Inn (GU3 3PP) arriving 19.30 leave 20.45 and walk 1.5 miles to Cricketers, Pirbright (GU24 0JT) arriving 21.15. There are buses back to Brookwood and Woking at 21.45 & 22.45 or it’s a further 30 minute walk to Brookwood Station. Leader is Kevin Travers
- Saturday 30th June Southampton Micro Pub Crawl Book with leader Tony Lea. The limit of 15 people (because of small size of some breweries) has already been reached but you can ask to go on the reserve list. Meet at Eastleigh station at 11am. We will visit Steam Town Brew Co, Caskaway, Overdraft, Clockwork, Witches Brew and Olafs Tun then a return to Southampton Central for the 19.30 to Farnborough or Woking etc. A full itinerary and details of transport ticket requirements can be obtained from Tony Lea, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 07949914634.
- Wednesday 4th July 8pm Branch Meeting. Rowbarge, Guildford. All welcome.
- Saturday 7th July Les’s Thameside Tootle Three (the budget version with lots of new pubs to discover!). Meet at the Harp (Charing Cross) from 10.30am for the 11.16am Thames Clipper to Woolwich Arsenal (buy a single ticket for £6.40 not a river roamer) or take the DLR to the second pub, the Taproom (15 Major Draper Street, Woolwich, SE18 6GH), for around 12.45pm to 1pm. More details to follow.
- Saturday 14th July Alton Bus Day Out. (This is not a formal social event but Branch members are likely to be out in force, visiting the various pubs. Contact Kevin Travers if you have any questions).
- Wed 18th July Mid-Week Meander. This will be a day out by bus and/or train. Leader is Val MacFarlane Travers. Details TBC
- Saturday 21st July Dave Taylor’s Summer Walk. Below are the plans for the CAMRA pub ramble I am organising on Saturday 21st July. There are options to join and leave the ramble at either Aldershot or Farnham. I hope you’ll be able to join all or some of the day. Please let me know if you can come along, so I can look out for you. For those that would like breakfast, we are meeting at the Queen Hotel, (Wetherspoons) pub in Aldershot at 10:15:https://whatpub.com/pubs/SHB/465/queen-hotel-aldershot11:21 18 bus to Bucks Horn Oak (from Aldershot High Street Library (Stop C). This also stops at Farnham Rail Station at 11:44. 11:57 Walk through Alice Holt Forest to Dockenfield 12:30 Bluebell – Dockenfield: https://whatpub.com/pubs/SHB/63/bluebell-dockenfield 13:30 Walk through Alice Holt Forest to Rowledge14:30 Hare & Hounds – Rowledge: https://whatpub.com/pubs/SHB/286/hare-hounds-rowledge 15:30 Walk to Boundstone 16:00 Bat & Ball – Boundstone: https://whatpub.com/pubs/SHB/44/bat-ball-boundstone 17:00 Walk to Farnham 18:00 Jolly Sailor – Farnham: https://whatpub.com/pubs/SHB/334/jolly-sailor-farnham 18:58 5 Bus to Upper Hale 19:10 Alfred – Upper Hale: https://whatpub.com/pubs/SHB/450/alfred-free-house-upper-hale Bus 5 returns to Aldershot at 10 mins past each hour and to Farnham at 45 mins past each hour If just using the 18 & 5 buses or other Stagecoach bus services, you’ll need to purchase a South Dayrider Gold day ticket for £8.60. If you also wish to use other bus services you’ll need to purchase a Discovery Ticket for £9: https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/buses-and-trains/bus-tickets-passes-and-travel-discounts/discovery-ticket For those that do not wish to walk, there is also the option to join at Rowledge, by taking the 17 bus from Aldershot (14:00) or Farnham (14:24). This bus also serves Boundstone and Farnham.
- Tuesday 24th July 8pm Social at Alfred’s 10 Year Beer Festival, Upper Hale. Selected drinks at 2008 prices.
- Thursday 23rd Arriva Bus 53 Social to Shamley Green, Wonersh and Bramley. Leader is Mike Stone Details tbc.
- Wednesday 5th September 8pm Branch Meeting Prince Arthur, Fleet. Library area has been reserved from 7.30pm. All welcome.
- Saturday 8th September Social at Cork and Cask, Yateley Beer Festival. Leader is Val. Details tbc.
- Saturday 15th September Regional Meeting. Kissingate Brewery.
- Saturday 13th October 1pm Social at Prince of Wales, Farnborough Beer Festival
- Friday 9th & Saturday 10th November. Working Socials at Woking Beer Festival.
- Friday 7th December Christmas Party Woking Railway Club. Details tbc.
- Saturday 23rd February 12 noon Branch AGM. Woking Railway Club. Details tbc.
- Friday 26th to Sunday 28th July Holiday in Cornwall. Details tbc. Leader is Kevin Travers.